- Home »
- Troyer Farms Snack Foods - Company
Troyer Farms Snack Foods - Company
For generations, the Troyer Family has grown premium potatoes in the ideal conditions given us by the rolling hills of Waterford, Pennsylvania. We're potato farmers. We know what potatoes need for plump, rich sweetness and solid consistency throughout.
Troyer Farms is the only U.S. manufacturer of potato chips that grows its own potatoes. As a result, Troyer Farms can legitimately claim to produce the freshest chip in the country.
- owns nearly 2,500 acres, with over 900 acres dedicated to raising potatoes and 1,100 for wheat and corn.
- During the local growing season, which lasts from late July until November, we will harvest 20 million pounds of potatoes
- Troyer Farms employs nearly 350 people. Production occurs at the 300,000 sq ft Waterford, PA facility and the 35,000 square foot Canonsburg, PA Pretzel Facility.
- In 1984, Troyer Farms acquired the Cleveland-based Dan Dee Pretzel and Potato Chip Company. Ohio and West Virginia.
- In 2001, Troyer Farms acquired Seyfert Foods, an Indiana based snack food producer. This acquisition allowed Troyer Farms to expand into the Indiana and Michigan markets.
- all of the company’s snacks (including the Dan Dee and Seyfert brands) produced is below the 0.5 grams/serving threshold put forth by the FDA. We are updating our labels and consumers will soon observe 0 grams of trans-fat.
- In 2007, we used 36 millions lbs of potatoes to produce 10 million pounds of potato chips.
POTATO FUN FACTS
- More potatoes are grown than any other vegetable in the world.
- A potato is 80% water and 20% solid
- The average American eats 124 pounds of potatoes a year.
- The average American eats 6 pounds of potato chips in a year.